A £5000 prize for Engineering Innovation that helps to achieve Net Zero Carbon.
Hawley Award – £5,000 prize for Engineering Innovation that delivers demonstrable benefit to the environment, specifically, helping to achieve Net Zero Carbon by at least 2050
Deadline 28 May 2021. See accompanying Application Form and Prospectus
To be eligible for the award, the application must be made to [email protected] by:
- A candidate who is resident in the UK and a graduate or more senior member of a recognised Professional Engineering Institution.
- Is an early career stage engineer or scientist, in academia or industry, typically within 10 years of starting a professional career.
- An individual candidate who has personally produced an engineering innovation. Exceptionally, a small team may be considered where the innovation has a highly multi-disciplinary nature.
The Innovation will:
- Have demonstrable benefits in the drive to achieve Net Zero Carbon by at least 2050.
- Arise from work undertaken after the award of a graduate or post-graduate degree from a recognised UK university or during study for a post-graduate degree. Work undertaken for a BSc or MEng will not be eligible.
- Have at least reached a stage where a prototype has been developed or proof of concept demonstrated, and there is an expectation that the technology will be developed commercially. The results of laboratory based research will not of themselves be sufficient to qualify for the Award.